Welcome back to the Sample Killah saga of 2014! Whew!
In Kalyn’s recent post that included the week 2 progress reports, I noticed that I wasn’t the only one who was getting overwhelmed by the process of using so many things and getting buried under piles of little foil packets. I knew it couldn’t just be me that felt as though they were being swamped with products!
Here we are in week 3… I didn’t feel like I used as much as the week prior because I stuck with my normal travel stuff on a 3-day work trip. I didn’t have the time or energy to cart around little used up packets. I discovered though that the Holiday Inn Express provides individually wrapped La Fresh face wipes – my favorite!! No, I didn’t try to score extra… but I thought about it! I did toss it in my bag though for future use. Such a hoarder- gah! Anywho, even while not really participating for 3 days, I managed to kill of 11 more samples. This brings the three week total to 33, with a goal of 50. I don’t know if 50 is going to happen, folks…
Here we go:
- AHAVA Time to Smooth Age Control Even Tone Moisturizer – this was my first time using the AHAVA skin care. It was very nice and light, but didn’t blow me away. I will likely just stick with the body products.
- Biolage Deep Smoothing Conditioner – this was a huge sample and lasted 4 different hair washing sessions. I typically love all things Biolage… this didn’t do a great job at de-frizzing, but it smelled nice.
- bliss ingrown hair eliminating peeling pads (2) – I didn’t notice a difference either way – I don’t really get ingrown hairs.
- Eve Lom Cleanser – ok, I don’t get the hype. This smelled awful, I don’t know how people use it or why they are in love with it. The texture was a bit grainy and it was a descent cleanser.. I have to admit though, the smell made me nauseous. I would never purchase a product from this brand based on this experience.
- jouer luminizing moisture tint sunscreen in glow (2) – this looked super dark when I opened the package and I got really nervous at first. It turned out to spread very thin and provide the slightest, natural color to my super pale skin. It was nice, but I would probably not splurge on this.
- Le Métier de Beauté Revive Eye Concentrate – this was a very generous 3-week sample from Neiman’s and ohhh was it nice! The only thing I would say is that while it made a big difference in fine lines, it didn’t solve the dark eye circle problem. That makes it easier not to fall in love with a $175 eye product.
- Make Up For Ever HD Primer – I started using this the week prior and finished right before my trip. My feelings remain the same – its a nice primer.
- RUFFIAN Dressing Room Nail Lacquer Remover Towelettes – meh. See my full review here.
- smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Light – this formula was really nice, but the coverage a bit too sheer. When I tried to build it, the shade yellowed and became too dark for my skin. Not a fit :(
There you have it! Three weeks down and one to go! The finish line is in sight!